[Samba] User Permissions issue

Harsh Kukreja h.kukreja at ium.edu.na
Tue Jan 16 08:15:04 UTC 2018

Hi

I have two Samba 4 DC’s as below
server-1 with all FSMO roles running Samba 4.6.12 on Ubuntu 12.04
server-2 joined to server-1 as a DC running Samba 4.7.4 Ubuntu  16.04

The problem is when I share files from my Windows 2008 file sharing server
which shows it is logged on to Server-2 DC and the  client PC which logs on
to the server-1 DC cannot access the shared folder and gives an error Logon
Failure: The target account name is incorrect.

To fix the problem I have to shutdown server-2 DC and restart my Windows
File server which logs on to the server-1 and then the client can access
the shared folder.

Please assist to fix this issue as I have to run both the DC’s in the
network.

*Harsh Kukreja *Systems Administrator
*International University of Namibia *Tel: 061-4336000 - E-mail: h.kukreja
@ium.edu.na - Web:
*http://www.ium.edu.na <http://www.ium.edu.na/>*Private Bag
14005,Bachbrech. 21-31 Hercules Street, Dorado Park, Windhoek, NAMIBIA