[Samba] Access to Windows 2016 server works with IP but not with netbios name

Gaeseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 15:26:05 UTC 2018

Do the   "getent passwd" and "getent group" commands show the domain users?

I would - at least for testing - skip the "valid users" and "write list" options .   I believe that file system level security is sufficient.

I think the "wins support" line means this machine is a WINS server.  (the "wins server" option would tell the machine which WINS server to us, not to be a WINS server, so that can be a little confusing.)    My general experience with WINS servers is that it is simpler to have a domain controller/directory server be the WINS server.