[Samba] Deploy software in fileserver folder

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Fri Jan 12 11:19:27 UTC 2018

Hi Elias,

> Hello Denis, thanks for the answer!!!
>
>     so for accessing a share on the file server, you'll need to add read
>     rights for "domain computers" group
>

> Is this read permission for the domain computer I need to configure in
> the deploy software GPO, sharing folder or both?

When you create GPO through RSAT it will set the proper rights on the
sysvol share. If you messed up with your rights, then use samba-tool
ntacl sysvolcheck / sysvolreset.

On the other hand, you'll have to properly set up the rights on your
file share with "domain computer" read privileges.

>      psexec -i -s cmd
>         net use F: \\server\sharename
>         dir f:
>

> At first I was able to execute the commands above. At first I had to run
> a cmd with adm privileges, because in the normal user it was denied
> access. After that the mapping worked and I got the access in F:

Yes, you'll need elevated privileges to run this command. You can check
if you you have enough privileges using the command below. In the
listing, you should have "High Mandatory Level" at the end of the list.
  whoami /groups

But anyway, I'd say it is not a friendly move from me to help you fix
that, you should really look into a software deployement solution, it
will make your life much easier! :-)

Cheers,

Denis