[Samba] Issues accessing ZFS-shares on Linux

John Doe aurinko at asauna.io
Wed Jan 10 04:04:49 UTC 2018

I think it may have something to do with my disks being encrypted. This
issue happened after updating systemd to version 236, ZoL to 0.7.4 and
kernel to 4.14.

I have always mounted the pool manually by first opening LUKS-encrypted
disks and after that issuing zpool import tank.

Is there any way to still use systemd to manage smbd or do I have to
just always start it manually?

This is how the pool has been set up:

root at punishedkorppu /# lsblk -a
NAME       MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE  MOUNTPOINT
sda          8:0    0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sda 254:0    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sdb          8:16   0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sdb 254:1    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sdc          8:32   0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sdc 254:2    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sdd          8:48   0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sdd 254:3    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sde          8:64   0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sde 254:4    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sdf          8:80   0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sdf 254:5    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sdg          8:96   0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sdg 254:6    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sdh          8:112  0   2.7T  0 disk
└─luks-sdh 254:7    0   2.7T  0 crypt
sdi          8:128  1 119.2G  0 disk
├─sdi1       8:129  1   512M  0 part  /boot/efi
└─sdi2       8:130  1   118G  0 part  /
root at punishedkorppu /# zpool status
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0B in 18h41m with 0 errors on Mon Dec 25 17:18:44
2017
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank          ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            luks-sda  ONLINE       0     0     0
            luks-sdb  ONLINE       0     0     0
            luks-sdc  ONLINE       0     0     0