[Samba] Adding a Windows Server 2008 as a DC to the domain fails

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 5 14:02:30 UTC 2018

Hai Roy,

Hmm, i dont know for sure, but based on my google magic, i say your correct.
Lowering the samba DC domain level should help you out.

If someone can confirm this, thanks!
But i must mention.
Adding a "unsupported" ms 2008 server as dc...  wil cost you ms licenses..

I suggest if possible, add a new samba AD DC.
Add the windows server as member, and you dont have to lower the domain level.

Greetz,

Louis