[Samba] wbinfo -U id gives different users on same dc

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 13 12:47:49 UTC 2018

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 14:23:32 +0200
Özkan Göksu <ozkan.goksu at usishi.com> wrote:

> > [Global]
> > netbios name = DEV2
> > workgroup = test
> > realm = test.pvt
> > server string = %h Test Host
> > security = ads
> > encrypt passwords = yes
> > idmap config sm.pvt : backend = ad
> > idmap config sm.pvt : range = 10000-20000
> > idmap config sm.pvt : schema_mode = rfc2307
> > idmap config * : range = 8000-9000

Hmm, the WORKGROUP is 'test', the REALM is 'test.pvt' and 'idmap
config' is 'sm.pvt', I would have expected that 'idmap config' to be
'TEST'

Your original post referred to user ID '8003' and this user must come
from the '*' domain, so fixing the 'idmap config' name might fix this,
as long as you have added uidNumber & gidNumber attributes to AD.

Rowland