[Samba] wbinfo -U id gives different users on same dc

Özkan Göksu ozkan.goksu at usishi.com
Tue Feb 13 13:52:13 UTC 2018

Thank you for reply Rowland.

Sorry for my typo. I intended to change  sm--to-->test but i forget to
change other lines.
So my original config is below:

        workgroup = sm
>         realm = sm.pvt
>         server string = %h Test Host
>         security = ads
>         encrypt passwords = yes
>         idmap config sm.pvt : backend = ad
>         idmap config sm.pvt : range = 10000-20000
>         idmap config sm.pvt : schema_mode = rfc2307
>         idmap config * : range = 8000-9000

Honestly I am not sure about using ads backend at all. I have read samba
documents. As rid backend use local database and it may get corrupted, I
chose ad backend.
On the other hand I should not install any extensions on Windows Active
Directory server. Samba documents tells something about installing unix
extensions but as far as I see this is not a must for ads.

So it would be best if someone could help me understanding about rid vs
ads. I suspect my problem depends on it.

Regards.