[Samba] RHGS CTDB joining AD domain - AD computer objects

David Simpson SimpsonD4 at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Feb 9 10:16:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

We have a couple of RHEL7 gluster storage servers with samba/ctdb. Both
have joined the domain successfully (the ctdb service was started and
net ads join issued on both).

A container was created by the AD admin and I specified this using
createcomputer=OU when I issued the net ads command on both machines.

As far as I can tell on the RHGS servers everything looks OK. However
the AD admin tells me only one computer object is showing in AD and
this is named as the netbios name (the same name used in both hosts
smb.conf).

Does this sound correct or should we being see one computer object per
host?

thanks
David