[Samba] AD error 8418: The replication operation failed because of a schema mismatch between the servers involved (WERR_DS_DRA_SCHEMA_MISMATCH)

Noël Köthe noel.koethe at credativ.de
Mon Dec 10 12:50:24 UTC 2018

Hello Rowland,

Am Montag, den 10.12.2018, 12:17 +0000 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

> I don't think that is what was meant ;-)

Ahh, my fault.

> I think what was meant was that some attributes in AD are in uppercase
> on one DC and lowercase on another, this is a known problem and normally
> doesn't give any problems. You shouldn't touch the files under
> 'sam.ldb.d', you should only use 'sam.ldb'

I just check the path on the filesystem. I will look into the
attributes, too. Thanks for clarifing.

> Andrew gave you the best advice (which you seem to have ignored, what
> with it being 2 months since you last posted), add a new DC with a
> current supported version of Samba (4.9.3 is available here:
> http://apt.van-belle.nl/ ), then demote the old DC, see if this fixes
> your problem.

I updated the samba DC to 4.9 with hope that it will fix the
replication problem.
Now I will add a new DC (or maybe two, one Windows and one samba) to
find out if this fixes the situation.

Thank you for your patient.

Regards

	Noël