[Samba] Samba4 Kerberos Authentication Error

Marco Shmerykowsky PE marco at sce-engineers.com
Thu Dec 6 14:12:03 UTC 2018

> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 17:36:43 -0500
> Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>>> No, Centos has an even bigger problem. As you are probably aware,
>>> Centos is rebuilt from RHEL, Red-Hat has announced that there will
>>> never be a Samba AD DC on RHEL, this means there will never be a
>>> Samba AD DC on Centos, well not using OS packages anyway.
>>
>> The Centos servers are intended to be member servers in an
>> active directory and not domain controllers.  Would they still
>> place nice with everyone else?
>>
>> I'm basically trying to set up one Linux appliance to handle
>> overall authentication and let two other machines simply
>> serve files.
>>

> I would do it slightly differently, two DC's and then whatever
> fileservers are required. The Centos Samba packages are usable for a
> domain member, they just cannot be used for a DC.
>
> Rowland

Why 2 DC's?  My understanding is that a file server should
not simultaneously serve as a DC in an Active Directory setup.

I have a small office.  While I have no issue making one of
the file servers also function as a backup DC, I really don't
want to add yet another server to the mix to handle a single
role.

---
https://www.avg.com