[Samba] Data Locations

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 3 17:44:38 UTC 2018

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 10:58:04 -0600
Bob Wooldridge <bob.wooldridge at edm-inc.com> wrote:

> [...]

'look' as in 'oh, thats where they are' ? If so, then yes, try:

ls /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d

Do not change anything in there, also search or modify
via /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb

> > Can I ask why you need to know ?
> I just like to know where things are.  It may come in handy with
> troubleshooting and of course, backing up the file manually might be
> important.

Do not just backup Samba in that way, use a version of Samba from 4.9.0
onwards and use the new samba-tool backup & restore tools.

Rowland