[Samba] re: access domain via ldap failed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Apr 28 10:51:44 UTC 2018

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 16:38:38 +0800 (CST)
Ryan <ryanyang51 at 163.com> wrote:

> Er..Actrually I don't use any windows as DC. Windows computer just
> the domain member for me. I've seen a similar thread
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-July/209728.html. I want
> to build a domain only using samba in linux as the DC. It's a new
> domain and my first DC. I'd like to believe it is not a samba
> problem. After all, it occurs in 4.7.x and 4.8.x, a such large range.
> Situation is that, I can get rpms and install them successfully. But
> function not well. My thought is, firstly confrim my config options
> during build process are right for a AD DC. Secondly, see if there is
> any wrong about the configuration after install. But all my
> configuration is the same as it for 4.5.x. Have no idea to figure it
> out...

OK, just how are you building Samba ? What are the configure options?
Do you have all the required build packages installed ?

How wedded are you to an rpm based distro ?
I ask this because if you were to move to Debian, you could use Louis
Van Belles packages.

Rowland