[Samba] administrator's unix attributes is missing

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 20 09:03:15 UTC 2018

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 15:48:43 +0800
adam_xu--- via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello, everyone. I have set up a new samba AD DC in my experimental
> environment. Version 4.7.7 of sernet samba. Everything is Ok. and I
> set some user's unix attributes in a windows client wia RSAT. every
> user can be got in a linux domain member via "getent passwd", but the
> user administrator who has been set unix attributes can not be got in
> that linux domain member. here is the smb.conf file of the domain
> member. domain member's samba version is 4.6.2 in centos7.4. [global]
> security = ADS workgroup = NTBAOBEI realm = NTBAOBEI.com

What did you set in Administrators Unix attributes ?

Never mind, whatever you added, remove them, then add this to smb.conf:

    username map = /etc/samba/user.map

Now create '/etc/samba/user.map', with this line:

!root = NTBAOBEI\Administrator NTBAOBEI\administrator
Administrator administrator

Restart Samba, Administrator will now get mapped to 'root'
You will be able to login to the Unix domain member as 'Administrator',
but from windows you will be able to manage the shares.

Rowland