[Samba] Operation Not Supported error for GETXATTR when VFS plugin "nfs4acl_xattr" is used

Akash Jain akash.jain110683 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:58:10 UTC 2018

Hi Ralph

I do not think using xattr_tdb is the right thing to do for my purpose. We
do not wish to store/retrieve extended attributes to/from TDB file.

*<Ralph>*

*Iirc parsing NFSv4 ACLs would require extensions to the module to support
the string identifiers and mapping to ids.*
*</Ralph>*

Can you please elaborate more on which extensions you referred to?
What all basic things do we need to do to use nfs4acl_xattr module with
native NFS4 export mounted locally and shared through samba to get/set NT
ACLs?

Thanks
Akash