[Samba] Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Sep 28 05:17:59 UTC 2017

Hi Lin,

Am 27.09.2017 um 21:02 schrieb LinforPros IT Solutions via samba:
> Ok, I just opened a bug over there. But in the meantime found out that:
>
> Systemctl status samba.service shows the following as well:
>
> feddc samba[658]:   task_server_terminate: [KDC: no network interfaces
> configured]

It sounds like Samba starts before the network is up.

Can you have a look at the *.service file in /usr/lib/systemd/system/
that starts Samba? Does the file contain an "After=" line that tells the
service to start after the network? If not, copy the *.service file to
/etc/systemd/system/ and add the entry, similar to:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Managing_the_Samba_AD_DC_Service_Using_Systemd#Creating_the_systemd_Service_File

Regards,
Marc