[Samba] samba 4 ad member - idmap = ad for machine accounts

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 19 14:00:19 UTC 2017

Hai Marco,

UID for computer is not needed imo, GID can help.

> I think that if we add UID to machine account (and GID to
> Domain Computers group), machine account access to share will
> work exactly as for RID backend...
I dont know, but worth a try.

> Better now? Thanks.

Yes, thanks.

What maybe an options is.
Make use if idmap.conf with something like this.

[General]
Verbosity = 1

Pipefs-Directory = /run/rpc_pipefs

# set your own domain here, if id differs from FQDN minus hostname
# Domain = localdomain
Domain = internal.dnsdomain.tld
Local-Realm = REALM

[Mapping]