[Samba] possible to use ldbedit in a safe way

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon Oct 16 14:53:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

dbcheck tells us we have two "dangling forward links" that I am trying
to get rid of. On my test domain, I have simply done

ldbedit -e nano -H ./CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=SAMBA,DC=COMPANY,DC=COM

to remove them.

While that seems to have worked nicely, dbcheck report zero errors now,
it is something that I should never have done, or do in production,
according to Andrew:

"We realise this is a difficult problem for you and other users, but
NEVER, EVER do that."

So, question: is there a SAFE way to easily get rid of those two
"dangling forward links"?

(they are Replica-Locations for a DC that has been removed years ago)

MJ