[Samba] Problem with AD DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Oct 15 16:40:52 UTC 2017

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:01:11 +0300
Ronald Vyhmeister <ronald.vyhmeister at meu.edu.lb> wrote:

> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Windows_Client_or_Server_to_a_Domain
>
> Exactly... if DNS is the issue, what should I be setting in these
> windows?

OK, sorry to be so long in getting back to you, but I have set up a DC
on Ubuntu 16.04 server and joined a win 10 client to it, so I now know
it can be done.

I set up the DC just as I always have done and then followed the
instructions from the Samba wiki.

Open the Control Panel.

Navigate to System and Security --> System

Click 'Change' settings

On the Computer Name tab, click the 'Change' button.

Select Domain, enter the name of your domain e.g. 'example.com'

Click OK.

When prompted, enter 'Administrator' and Administrators password

Click OK to continue.

Reboot the computer after the computer successfully joined the domain.

Rowland