[Samba] Problem with AD DC

Ronald Vyhmeister ronald.vyhmeister at meu.edu.lb
Sun Oct 15 09:00:07 UTC 2017

I’ve just set up an AD DC on Ubuntu 16.04, using the instructions found at
https://jimshaver.net/2016/05/30/setting-up-an-active-directory-domain-controller-using-samba-4-on-ubuntu-16-04/.
All the tests work fine. I’m able to connect from my Windows 10 box when I
connect to \\servername <file://servername> (and authenticate as
administrator).

However, when I try to join the machine to the domain, I get this error:
“The username or password is incorrect.”

Obviously the username (administrator) and the password are valid, as I can
browse the server… Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Ronald Vyhmeister, PhD

Academic Dean

Middle East University

Beirut, Lebanon

ronald.vyhmeister at meu.edu.lb

Mobile:+961-81767015

Technology is dominated by two kinds of people:
Those who manage what they do not understand
and those who understand that which they do not manage.