[Samba] Using GPO to mount shares on Linux

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 11 09:51:02 UTC 2017

I believe you. The trick is.

1) add this to krb5.conf
; for Windows 2008 with AES
    default_tgs_enctypes = aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
    default_tkt_enctypes = aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
    permitted_enctypes = aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5

2) make use of kerberos, add cifs/FQDN to the systemkeytab file.
2a) optional, make use of idmap.conf, something like this.
/etc/idmapd.conf
[General]

Verbosity = 0
Pipefs-Directory = /run/rpc_pipefs

# set your own domain here, if id differs from FQDN minus hostname
# Domain = localdomain
Domain = internal.dnsdomain.tld
Local-Realm = REALM

[Mapping]

Nobody-User = nobody
Nobody-Group = nogroup

[Translation]
Method = static,nsswitch
GSS-Methods = static,nsswitch

[Static]
NETBIOSNAME$@REALM = root
host/FQDN at ROTTERDAM.BAZUIN.NL = root
cifs/FQDN at ROTTERDAM.BAZUIN.NL = root
cifs/FQDN@ = root

3) reboot the server, login and try
mount -t cifs -o sec=krb5i //fileserver.subdomain.doamin.local/share /mnt

See if this helps.

Greetz,

Louis