[Samba] Need to join Windows server 2012 R2 as a client to Samba Domain in ubuntu 12.04

Ramkumar R ramkumar at mgtechsoft.com
Tue Oct 3 06:45:04 UTC 2017

Hello Team,

I configured OpenLdap 2.4.28 with samba version 3.6.25 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

server.

And now window 7 to Windows 2008 R2 server I could able to join with samba
domain.

But,

When we try to join windows server 2012 R2 server it is not happening and
error

which

I am facing is as follows,

Error: /// The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service

location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain

Controller (AD DC) for domain "opeldap.sdef.com":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."

(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.opeldap.sdef.com

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not

registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server
automatically

when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set

intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following
IP

addresses:

XXX.XX.XX.X

XXX.XX.XX.XXX

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child

zone:

opeldap.sdef.com

sdef.com

com

. (the root zone)

//

Request you to inform whether can we join windows 2012 server to samba
version 3.6.25 as

client?

and if it is possible please share the procedure with us.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Regards,

Ramkumar R