[Samba] Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca
Tue Nov 28 21:53:52 UTC 2017

Please check my answer below. ;)

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 15:38 -0500, Sébastien Boulianne via samba wrote:
> Same...
> Share is not listed...
>
> Yes, I restarted the services. ;)
>
> Sébastien Boulianne

Your configuration will only accept connections from a user called FTPFiles so you might want to verify that user account.  Is it an AD user?
-- How do you see that ?

If you have AD -> Unix users setup correctly (winbind NSS), you could use su to switch to that account and check if it can access the directory on the file system.
--- Here is my nsswitch.conf. https://pastebin.com/95f6LVq4

You don't show the permissions on /glftpd - is is at least o=rx?
-- Perms are drwxr-xr-x  13 root root 4.0K Nov 27 17:36 glftpd

I suggest you start with something like this:

[shared]
        path       = /srv/shared
        comment    = Shared data
        read only  = no
        browseable = yes

With permissions explicitly set for the user and group.  Get that working first.  Then change *one* thing and test it, at a time until you get to where you want to be.
--- How can I set the permissions explicitly for the user and group ?

Cheers on