[Samba] Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

Jon Gerdes gerdesj at blueloop.net
Tue Nov 28 21:10:39 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 15:38 -0500, Sébastien Boulianne via samba wrote:
> Same...
> Share is not listed...
>
> Yes, I restarted the services. ;)
>
> Sébastien Boulianne

Your configuration will only accept connections from a user called
FTPFiles so you might want to verify that user account.  Is it an AD
user?

If you have AD -> Unix users setup correctly (winbind NSS), you could
use su to switch to that account and check if it can access the
directory on the file system.

You don't show the permissions on /glftpd - is is at least o=rx?

I suggest you start with something like this:

[shared]
        path       = /srv/shared
        comment    = Shared data
        read only  = no
        browseable = yes

With permissions explicitly set for the user and group.  Get that
working first.  Then change *one* thing and test it, at a time until
you get to where you want to be.

Cheers
Jon