[Samba] Samba classic domains

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 27 21:59:30 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 21:50 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> I think you understand what I have been saying for some time now,
> upgrade from an NT4-style to AD before it is too late.
>
> However, are you ready yet to admit that Samba should mark NT domains
> as deprecated ?

I don't see it as admitting or otherwise, the Samba NT4 domain code
remains a fully supported and functional part of Samba.

We don't however control the clients however, so we give this warning.

To me, deprecated refers to code we plan to remove from Samba in the
short or medium term, and that is not the case here.

I also think using that word will just make it more complex for the
organisations undertaking the transition to Samba AD.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett