[Samba] Winbind error "Could not fetch our SID - did we join?"

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 13 13:55:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:32:11 +0100
Sven Schwedas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Making no additional changes to the configuration, using "net ads
> join" instead of "samba-tool domain join" immediately worked. I'd be
> really curious where's the difference between the two and why
> samba-tool pretends to not have run into any errors…

This is the first time you mentioned that you used samba-tool to join
the Unix domain member to the domain.

Did you read this Samba wikipage:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Joining_the_Domain

If you did, did you entirely miss the big fat warning in the middle of
the page ???

The one that says:

Do not provision or join a domain member using the samba-tool utility.
These options are unsupported and can cause problems with your AD
replication.

Rowland

PS, your configs are still wrong.