[Samba] Samba 4.7.1 - ldap multi process - excessive processes

Garming Sam garming at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Nov 9 02:20:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

It's a known issue, where the extent of memory accumulation for
processes wasn't understood (large chunks of memory, which tend to fail
to be shared) until just after the release froze. There are patches
upstream to implement a prefork process model (with a fixed number of
waiting processes) and should be available in 4.8. In saying that, some
considerations could be made for backporting. One alternative is that it
might be possible for you to use single process mode (-M single) for now.

The prefork process model should apply similarly to the RPC server.

Cheers,

Garming