[Samba] member domain idmap config ad/rid

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Mon May 29 22:37:44 UTC 2017

Hello,

If my AD will only provide service for machines with windows operating
system I can use the *idmap config ADDC: backend = ad*, correct or did I
get it all wrong?

For both unix and windows machines I need *idmap config ADDC: backend = rid*
?

Other question.

*Wiki Prerequisites says:*
"Users must have at least the uidNumber and groups the gidNumber attribute
set. When using the rfc2307 winbind NSS info mode, user accounts must also
have the loginShell, unixHomeDirectory and primaryGroupID set."

I need to set manually for each user the inputs informed above?

--
Elias Pereira