[Samba] Not possible to chown as guest?

john smith wempwer at gmail.com
Sat May 27 16:21:12 UTC 2017

On 5/27/17, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> I do not fully know, but it is probably because this is such a bad idea
> that it has been made not to work, or even more likely, no one ever
> thought about doing this (because it is a bad idea), so there is no
> code in Samba to do this.

But it seems that it took more work to prevent guest from performing
chown than to allow it. As a Samba pseudo user guest is directly
mapped to nobody on the server and as nobody is able to chown directly
on the server there must be an additional code somewhere that
intentionally forbid guest to chown.
--
<wempwer at gmail.com>