[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Alex Matthews ams at stmiss.co.uk
Fri May 26 12:31:09 UTC 2017

>Sorry if I upset you, but....

Thanks, the apology is much appreciated.

> Do you have the correct libnss_winbind.so in your lib path ?

# locate libnss
/usr/lib/libnss_compat-2.25.so
/usr/lib/libnss_compat.so
/usr/lib/libnss_compat.so.2
<truncated>
/usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so
/usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2

> From what I know about arch, it is based on ubuntu, which is based on d
ebian
Arch is not based on any other distro.

# pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2
/usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 is owned by smbclient 4.5.8-1

Even though it's wbinfo throwing the error, it could still be an libnss
issue?