[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri May 26 13:20:23 UTC 2017

On Fri, 26 May 2017 13:31:09 +0100
Alex Matthews via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > From what I know about arch, it is based on ubuntu, which is based
> > on d
> ebian
> Arch is not based on any other distro.

Shows you how much I know about Arch Linux ;-)

> # pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2
> /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 is owned by smbclient 4.5.8-1
>
> Even though it's wbinfo throwing the error, it could still be an
> libnss issue?

Possibly and probably, I have just run the tests you posted in your
first post against a test DC and they all worked.

I will send you (offlist) the notes I made when I set up the test DC,
perhaps you can figure out just what you have missing or different.

Rowland