[Samba] attributeID is not known in our schema, not fixing replPropertyMetaData

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri May 26 12:16:32 UTC 2017

On Fri, 26 May 2017 13:32:52 +0200
Karan Blas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I expected that someone had the same problem before.
>
> DBchecker module does not provide fix for this. The implication is
> that the main Samba DC is working fine but does not allow replication
> with other DCs. They report WERR_DS_DRA_INTERNAL_ERROR in samba-tool
> dsr showrepl for two two sections: Configuration and the main one
> that contains the users. Other sections replicate fine.
>
> Promoting new DC also does not work. Data (both new and old) are
> locked in this single DC 4.2.14. Exporting the database and importing
> it in 4.6.3 fix some things but not this one.
>
> We found that replPropertyMetaData is uniquie for each user, setting
> it empty "fix the error' but breaks the user object.
>
> How to recreate this attribute properly? How to remove all entries
> about attributeId 0XB7D8382? It was inherited from Exchange.

As far as I am aware, you cannot use exchange with a Samba AD DC, so
I think you need to remove all the exchange schema etc from your Samba
AD. I do not know of a way of doing this.

If you still have the windows server, it may be easier to remove
exchange from this and then migrate again.

I did a quick internet search and found this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/7ad33f2c-b34c-44d0-93bb-b71b2019f932/uninstallremove-exchange-2010-from-ad

Don't know if it will work and if you try, try it on a test machine and
don't blame me if it doesn't work ;-)

Rowland