[Samba] Linux-Home share

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed May 24 18:21:01 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

Am 24.05.2017 um 15:21 schrieb Andreas Hauffe via samba:
> we did an update from samba 4.5.5 to 4.6.3. We are having a Linux-Home
> share for the windows users, but this is not working anymore.
>
> In the smb.conf we are having something like the following
> [%U_Home]
>     comment = Home Directories
>     path = %H
>
> It seems, that the "%H" is not replace correctly or at least as before.

Do you get the correct path for a user's home directory if you enter on
your Samba server:
# getent passwd user_name

If you use Winbind and get /home/domain/user_name instead of what you
expected, then this is the change in Samba 4.6.x you missed:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#The_ad_ID_Mapping_Back_End_Now_Supports_Enabling_RFC2307_or_Template_Mode_Per-domain

Regards,
Marc