[Samba] Moving an existing DC to new hardware

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed May 24 17:17:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 24.05.2017 um 17:59 schrieb lingpanda101 via samba:
>      I need to begin the process of updating several of my DC's to new
> hardware and OS versions. I'm not seeing anything in the wiki on the
> subject so please direct me if it exists.

I started 2 weeks ago with a documentation that covers this scenario.
However, I didn't had time to finish it yet. If I find time to work on
this, I will publish it next week.

The way for a multi-DC environment is:
- Install new OS + Samba
- Join as a DC. See Wiki.
- Demote one of the DCs. See Wiki.
- Update DNS Server IPs used on clients and workstations.

Regards,
Marc