[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed May 24 11:35:52 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-24 um 13:30 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017 13:13:04 +0200
> "Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> logging into the PC as BUERO\Administrator says "Welcome" and takes
>> ~10min already.
>
> It should only take a few seconds, so there is something wrong there.

agree

>> I might provide samba debug logs? Should I?
>
> Yes please, I might not be able to see what is wrong, but there are a
> lot of eyes here ;-)

I run loglevel 4 now and will paste something.

>> Ran debian upgrade in between and a following reboot.
>>
>> I really scratch my head as editing the GPOs worked yesterday.
>>
>> This is debian, and samba 4.2.14 ...
>
> Can I suggest you wait a short while until Louis gets his latest
> packages out, 4.2 isn't supported directly by Samba any more.

I can ... I have to leave office anyway in about 30mins ...

Another thought:

this test setup does not have internet connectivity, does that matter? I
see warnings in eventlog around ntp-servers and windows update as the PC
can't get out.

The time is correct on both the client and the DC.