[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed May 24 11:13:04 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-24 um 12:53 schrieb Rowland Penny:

> Then you have something very wrong, if I try to log into a win7 PC as
> root, I get:
>
> The user name or password is incorrect

I had used BUERO\root ...

> Whilst if I try to log into a Samba DC as administrator, I get this:
>
> rowland at devstation:~$ ssh Administrator at member1
> Password:
> Creating directory '/home/administrator'.
> Linux member1 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.39-1+deb8u1 (2017-02-22) x86_64

Shell of the user root is /bin/false .. so it logs out immediately.

> 'root' is a Unix user and Windows shouldn't know anything about it,
> whilst 'Administrator' is mapped to 'root' on a DC.
>
> Does 'root' exist in AD, if so, remove this user.

ok, I remember, sorry ... did "pdbedit -x root" now

logging into the PC as BUERO\Administrator says "Welcome" and takes
~10min already.

I might provide samba debug logs? Should I?

Ran debian upgrade in between and a following reboot.

I really scratch my head as editing the GPOs worked yesterday.

This is debian, and samba 4.2.14 ...