[Samba] Unable to set SeDiskOperatorPrivilege (again)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 24 06:47:29 UTC 2017

On Wed, 24 May 2017 13:34:27 +1000
John Gardeniers via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> There was a thread on this topic back in January and as far as I can
> see it was never resolved.

It has always worked for me, even when I used sssd.
But there is no need to use sssd on a Unix domain member

> # getent group "Domain Admins"
> Domain Admins:*:512:Administrator,user1,user2,user3
>
> # id Administrator
> uid=10858(Administrator) gid=513(Domain Users) groups=513(Domain
> Users),512(Domain Admins),10102(Enterprise Admins)
>
> # id "Domain Admins"
> id: Domain Admins: No such user

You seem to be using very low numbers for 'Domain Users' & 'Domain
Admins'

'Domain Admins' is only a user on a DC (where it also a group)

'Administrator' shouldn't have a uidNumber, it should be mapped to
'root'

Can you post your smb.conf and are you willing to try using winbind.

Rowland