[Samba] NtLm auth with multiple ad domains

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon May 22 11:13:34 UTC 2017

As fas as i know, you need samba 4.6 for domain trusts.

Read:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Raising_the_Functional_Levels#Using_the_Windows_Active_Directory_Domains_and_Trusts_Utility_2
And https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#Does_Samba_AD_Supports_Trust_Relationship.3F
Does Samba AD Supports Trust Relationship?
The trust feature is experimental and has several limitations, such as:
## SID filtering rules are not applied
## You cannot add users and groups of a trusted domain into domain groups.

https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.6.0.html
Read the : winbind changes.

So i dont think this is going to work with samba 4.4.x of 4.5.x

Greetz,

Louis