[Samba] attributeID is not known in our schema, not fixing replPropertyMetaData

Karan Blas karan.blas at gmx.com
Mon May 22 08:10:22 UTC 2017

Hi

We migrated Windows 2003 with Exchange to Samba 4.2.14, 4.3.11 (we have few Samba DCs). Exchange is not needed. Joining was OK but replication is not working.

Forcing sync with all attributes from the original WIN DC does not work

Seems like the most accurate Samba 4.2.14 (used for changing passwords, adding users etc) has DB error:

samba-tool dbcheck :

ERROR(<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>): uncaught exception - "Failed to find attribute '0xb7d8382'"
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)

It exits on first error

On 4.3.11 the check continue with one error only at a Deleted Object:

ERROR: attributeID 0XB7D8382 is not known in our schema, not fixing replPropertyMetaData

we even tried 4.5 but we still have the error. Is there a way to reset replPropertyMetaData? How to fix this?

This attribute is present on most Users and there is one more that appears on few computers. It is Exchange related.