[Samba] NtLm auth with multiple ad domains

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 21 14:42:50 UTC 2017

On Sun, 21 May 2017 13:18:16 +0100
Arnab Roy <arniekol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Any suggestions on the config I really need to get this working I am
> on fedora with samba 4.45 ?
>
> I know their is a probable way of getting this to work but not seen a
> complete example anywhere..
>
> I have seen a commercial product which runs centos use samba and
> Kerberos across multiple disjoint domains.

I have never tried to do this, but from what I read on the howto you
posted a link to, it depends on running Samba twice.

You could try setting the smb.conf files as per this wikipage:

Use the winbind rid backend.

As I said I have never tried this, so I do not know if it will work,
but for what you are trying to do, it is worth trying in a test
environment.

Rowland