[Samba] DNS (bind_dlz) forwarding not working

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Fri May 19 11:55:11 UTC 2017

Thanks.

I was able to verify through the following command:

*samba-tool dns query localhost yourdomain.lan @ ALL -U administrator*

--------------

Rowland,

Some time ago I had made some questions about dns with samba4. In the topic
below you say:

"I would suggest you create a sub domain of your main domain (this is
recommended anyway) i.e. if your main domain is called 'company.com',
create a sub domain called 'samba.company.com'. Use the sub domain for
your AD domain and forward anything outside the sub domain to your main
DNS servers.

Rowland"
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2016-July/201497.html

Ok. I created the subdomain for the samba.

*addc.mydomain.edu <http://addc.mydomain.edu>*

Use the sub domain for your AD domain and forward anything outside the sub
> domain to your main DNS servers.

How would I do that? I thought I was already doing this with the settings I
already posted on this thread. :D

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 May 2017 19:52:23 -0300
> Elias Pereira <empbilly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Rowland,
> >
> > I used the M$ DNS Manager tool and was able to create a delegation
> > from a subdomain to my existing DNS.
> >
> > DNS Manager > Forward Lookup Zones > Right-click on mydomain.edu > New
> > Delegation > ...
> >
> > After this I can open, for example the service "www.mydomain.edu"
> > normally.
> >
> > Where are these entries in AD?
> >

> They should be under:
>
> DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
>
> DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
>
> Where 'DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com' is replace with your domain info
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Elias Pereira