[Samba] join W10-PCs to NT4-based samba-domain?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon May 15 11:25:03 UTC 2017

As you may remember I went through a classic-upgrade a few months ago.

I have a second domain to migrate and I am again/still scared to attack
that ;-)

As I prepare my test VM and try to remember all those details the
customer has purchase 2 new Windows 10 PCs and I was asked to take them
into production.

Is there a way to join them to the existing NT4-based Samba-domain or not?

I find various results online and wonder if it's possible and if I have
to prepare specific things for doing that (registry changes?)

Thanks for an up to date statement on this,
Stefan

ps: I already tried that join 2 weeks ago and wasn't successful ...