[Samba] Kcc connection

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed May 10 07:15:43 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

Am 10.05.2017 um 06:56 schrieb Christian Naumer via samba:
 > we have upgraded our 4 DCs from samba 4.4.12 to 4.6.3.
 > The setup is working fine and no errors were displayed
 > during the upgrade.  After a day I noticed that the DC
 > dc1) holding the fsmo roles is missing one kcc connection
 > to dc3) in the output of samba-tool drs showrpl.
 > Otherwise there are no errors displayed. On windows
 > in the ADSites tool I see that the connection is missing
 > and I can create it. This is also reflected in the
 > output of samba-tool.

See 4.5.0 release notes:
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.5.0.html

KCC improvements for sparse network replication

The Samba KCC will now be the default knowledge consistency checker in
Samba AD. Instead of using full mesh replication between every DC, the
KCC will set up connections to optimize replication latency and cost
(using site links to calculate the routes). This change should allow
larger domains to function significantly better in terms of replication
traffic and the time spent performing DRS replication.

Regards,
Marc