[Samba] Kcc connection

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Wed May 10 04:56:58 UTC 2017

Hello all,
we have upgraded our 4 DCs from samba 4.4.12 to 4.6.3. The setup is working fine and no errors were displayed during the upgrade.  After a day I noticed that the DC (dc1) holding the fsmo roles is missing one kcc connection (to dc3) in the output of samba-tool drs showrpl. Otherwise there are no errors displayed. On windows in the ADSites tool I see that the connection is missing and I can create it. This is also reflected in the output of samba-tool.
The question is should this link be created automatically? What can I do to create it on the host in question ?
All the DCs are at one site.

Addition question. Searching for reason I found that in DNS there are two entries in _pdc one for dc1 and one for dc4 ( I transferred fsmo roles between them ones) I think there should be only one there. Am I correct?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Research Scientist

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.de, homepage www.brain-biotech.de
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Dr. Juergen Eck (Vorsitzender), Frank Goebel
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Ludger Mueller