[Samba] Samba Active Directory Domain Controller

Mike 1100100 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:53:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:14 AM, martini5468--- via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I may be a bit too late jumping on this thread but here are a few pointers:
>
> 1. /etc/resolve.conf is automagically generated/updated by NetworkManager
>
> 2. any DNS entries in ifcfg files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts get
> put in /etc/resolve.conf by NetworkManager

I'm late to the bus stop too, but wanted to echo the same points above.
The more I read the redhat admin docs, I see the redhat/centos "way"
wants systemd+NetworkManager+firewalld to be active and configured.
After trying to restore a network internet connection from an ISP
outage, I learned the hard way about completing updates and trying to
manually configure networking with /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.
In brief - CentOS7 --- systemctl enable NetworkManager --- nmtui and
nmcli to configure network devices, routes, addresses, and dns ---
systemctl enable firewalld and configure a minimal default zone.
It all makes me pine for gentoo again, but a certain degree of
standardization is necessary in production.
Thanks to all who contribute on this list; learn so much from all of you.