[Samba] Failed to connect host xx on port 135 - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 28 14:59:45 UTC 2017

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:22:26 +0200 (CEST)
martin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Version 4.2.14-Debian
>
> So I tried to repair it. The problem seems to be, that port 135
> cannot be reached.
>
> my smb.conf on dc2
>
> ---
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>
>         username map = /etc/samba/user.map

I am sure this has nothing to do with your problem, but you should
remove the 'username map' line, it has no place on a DC.

> It really does not listen:
>
> root at dc2:~# netstat -tulpan | grep "LISTEN" | grep "135" | wc -l
> 0
>
> Why does Samba not listen on port 135 anymore? How can I teach it to
> start doing it again?

It should be listening on port 135, is there a firewall in the way ?
What daemons are running ?
What is in /etc/resolv.conf /etc/hosts /etc/krb5.conf ?

Rowland