[Samba] strange problem foxpro run exe on win 10

Michal Kavan michal.kavan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 20:49:28 UTC 2017

Dne 2017/03/19 v 21:29 Rowland Penny via samba napsal(a):
> On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 21:02:23 +0100
> Michal Kavan <michal.kavan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> here it is
>> ----
>> [global]
>>           workgroup = all
>>           server string = Samba Server
>>           load printers = no
>>           security = user
>>           max log size = 200
>>           time server = yes
>>           local master = no
>>           os level = 10
>>           log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I
>>           printcap name = /dev/null
>>           netbios name = new07server-fst
>> #       log level = 2 acls:10
>>           log level = 10
>> #       null passwords = yes
>>           encrypt passwords = yes
>>           domain master = no
>>           map to guest = Bad Password
>>
>>           domain logons = no
>>           preferred master = no
>>           follow symlinks = yes
>>           guest account = samba_guest
>>           socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>>
>>           full_audit:success = connect disconnect mkdir rmdir rename
>> unlink #full_audit:success = connect disconnect mkdir rmdir rename
>> unlink pread read
>>           full_audit:priority = notice
>>           full_audit:facility = local5
>>           full_audit:prefix = %u |%I  %m| %S
>>           full_audit:failure = connect
>>

>> #full_audit:success = connect disconnect opendir mkdir rmdir closedir
>> open close read pread write pwrite sendfile rename unlink chmod
>> #fchmod chown fchown chdir ftruncate lock symlink readlink link mknod
>> realpath
>>
>>           #acl map full control = False
>>           dos filemode = yes
>>           acl allow execute always = yes
>>
>> [data]
>> path = /home/samba/data
>> comment = aplikace mirror md3
>> public = yes
>> writeable = yes
>> create mask = 7777
>> directory mask = 7777
>> #guest only = yes
>> vfs object = full_audit
>> acl allow execute always = yes
>> browseable =yes
>>
>> ---
>>
> The only possible problem I can see there (apart from the lines
> that are default settings etc) is these lines:
>
> create mask = 7777
> directory mask = 7777
>
> '7777' too many 7s, probably should be '0777'
>
> I take it that all users connect as 'guest users', does the guest user
> have permission to run the programs you want to run ?
>
> What OS is this and is it possible to upgrade to a later version of
> Samba ?
> All versions of Samba before 4.4.0 are EOL as far as Samba is
> concerned, so if your problem is specific to the 4.1.x series, it will
> probably never get fixed.
>
> Rowland

os is ubuntu 16.04. (i have same behavior also on samba 4.3.11, so i
think thats linked with change from samba 3.6.x >> to 4.xx)
yes, guest user (samba_guest) have permision to run (all files are set
to 777) and i can run program directly and also from win xp, but no from
foxprol on win 7/win10

7777 in create mas was despered try to set also uuid,gid and sticky bit ;]

mk

--
Michal Kavan
+420 776 291 782

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.