[Samba] strange problem foxpro run exe on win 10

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Mar 19 20:29:27 UTC 2017

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 21:02:23 +0100

> #       null passwords = yes
>          encrypt passwords = yes
>          domain master = no
>          map to guest = Bad Password
>
>          domain logons = no
>          preferred master = no
>          follow symlinks = yes
>          guest account = samba_guest
>          socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>
>          full_audit:success = connect disconnect mkdir rmdir rename
> unlink #full_audit:success = connect disconnect mkdir rmdir rename
> unlink pread read
>          full_audit:priority = notice
>          full_audit:facility = local5
>          full_audit:prefix = %u |%I  %m| %S
>          full_audit:failure = connect
>

> #full_audit:success = connect disconnect opendir mkdir rmdir closedir
> open close read pread write pwrite sendfile rename unlink chmod
> #fchmod chown fchown chdir ftruncate lock symlink readlink link mknod
> realpath
>
>          #acl map full control = False
>          dos filemode = yes
>          acl allow execute always = yes
>
> [data]
> path = /home/samba/data
> comment = aplikace mirror md3
> public = yes
> writeable = yes
> create mask = 7777
> directory mask = 7777
> #guest only = yes
> vfs object = full_audit
> acl allow execute always = yes
> browseable =yes
>
> ---

The only possible problem I can see there (apart from the lines
that are default settings etc) is these lines:

create mask = 7777
directory mask = 7777

'7777' too many 7s, probably should be '0777'

I take it that all users connect as 'guest users', does the guest user
have permission to run the programs you want to run ?

What OS is this and is it possible to upgrade to a later version of
Samba ?
All versions of Samba before 4.4.0 are EOL as far as Samba is
concerned, so if your problem is specific to the 4.1.x series, it will
probably never get fixed.

Rowland