[Samba] Problem mapping extended acls with sssd and samba

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Mar 19 20:39:02 UTC 2017

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 17:09:32 -0300
edson via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a file server with samba and sssd. Is working perfectly.

Is it ?

> The problem is when I define extended ACLs using windows explorer.
> Acls are not applied in the file system to the groups and users of
> the domain.

There you go, it obviously isn't ;-)

> But when I work with winbind I can apply the extended acls in the file
> system.

Then the obvious fix for your problem is to use the Samba supported
winbind instead of, the unsupported by Samba, sssd

sssd has nothing to do with Samba, so if you want to continue using
sssd, I would suggest you contact the sssd-users mailing list.

You should also note, if you are going to set the ACLs from windows,
you should not use the 'write list' option.

Rowland