[Samba] Windows cant access shared directories after changed password with smbpasswd

Cesar Martins cesar.inacio.martins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 17:02:35 UTC 2017

> Your 'samba' password and your windows password MUST be the same to
> allow you to connect to a Samba share from a Windows machine without
> being prompted for a password. I do not understand why, after being
> prompted for the correct username & password, that it doesn't connect,
> I feel this must be something to do with Windows rather than Samba.
>
> It might help if you shared your smb.conf and told us if your windows
> machines are part of a domain or a workgroup.

MJ ,
Sorry your message don't arrive at my gmail... answering here...
I have no access with "control userpasswords2" because of security
restriction of the company here, so ,
I can't test this.

Rowland,

Two correction about the situation here.

1) Where about shows BAD PASSWORD, they are the same user on windows and
samba.
   if I set the user password at Samba Server with same password of
Windows, works. Thank you for this information

2) the situation where the user of Windows and Samba Server isn't the same,
work OK at Windows XP but not at Windows 8 where they still not
authenticating ....
Analyzing the debug log I'm not able to identify why the server deny...

Here is my last attempt of configuration.