[Samba] samba 4.4.14 breaks classic domain

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:54:47 UTC 2017

Setting my domain controllers to use SMB2 breaks windows domain
authentication for Windows clients.  I don't know why.       The clients
in question are Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2.

Once I set the domain controllers and problem member server to

         server max protocol = NT1
         server min protocol = NT1
         client max protocol = NT1
         client min protocol = NT1

the domain join problem went away.

I don't know what would happen if I had the member servers use

         server max protocol = SMB2
         server min protocol = NT1

Presumably that would not affect authentication from windows clients.